Can't send email, Part 2

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 12:26:59 BST 2021

On Friday, September 10, 2021 04:35:30 AM Henk van Velden wrote:
> On Friday, 10 September 2021 10:24:31 CEST Ianseeks wrote:
> > On Thursday, 9 September 2021 18:01:21 BST John White wrote:
> > > I have a new problem.  When I try to send an email (P0P-3), the screen
> > > goes
> > > white.  I can still see the email, but it is blurred.  I cannot save
> > > the email, but must disregard.

> > All i could suggest is to move away from POP, i did and i don't have any
> > weird issues now.
> >
> > > John
>
> I do not not quite understand this. Sending e-mail has nothing to do with
> POP (or POP3). That is only used for receiving e-mail. Sending uses SMTP.

Absolutely true, but my guess is that many people don't recognize SMTP (as
being the thing that sends email), they only recognize a choice to make
between POP-3 and IMAP (for receiving email), and thus, just mention POP-3 or
IMAP to distinguish how their email is setup.

The blurred out email puzzles me -- is that ever done in kmail for any reason
(I use an older version of kmail (1.13.7 for KDE 4.8.4) and have never seen a
blurred out email, and I assume that is not a feature of kmail, and sounds
like this is being done by something outside of kmail.

(And yes, I recognize the OP currently doesn't have the problem and has
suggested we disregard the problem at the current time.)