KMail and Akonadi throwing thousands of errors

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Wed Sep 8 22:25:36 BST 2021

Hi Ingo -

I ran through this process to re-synchronize Akonadi with the IMAP server.  It seems to have worked.  The folder counts now match between Thunderbird and KMaIL, and I no longer see the steady stream of messages coming from Akonadi.

For now I have switched back to KMail even though Akonadi strikes me as a very brittle part of the system.

I do see a different message coming from Akonadi.  Is this anything to be concerned about?  It seems to be complaining about a missing file.  These messages show up abot every five minutes or so.

============
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver.search: Executing search "searchUpdate-1631129500"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver.search: Search  "searchUpdate-1631129500" done (without remote search)
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver.search: Search update for collection "OpenInvitations" ( 50 ) finished: all results:  0 , removed results: 0
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver.search: Executing search "searchUpdate-1631129500"
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver.search: Search  "searchUpdate-1631129500" done (without remote search)
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver.search: Search update for collection "DeclinedInvitations" ( 51 ) finished: all results:  0 , removed results: 0
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: "akonadi_maildir_resource_0" NOT Closing idle db connection; we are in transaction
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: "akonadi_maildir_resource_0" NOT Closing idle db connection; we are in transaction
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: ItemRetrievalJob for request 328 finished
org.kde.pim.akonadicore: Failed to open external payload: "/home/bgee/.local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/15/39315_r0" "No such file or directory"
==========

When I look at the contents of the directory, I see this:

[bgee at main2 ~]$ ll .local/share/akonadi/file_db_data/15
total 64
-rw-r--r-- 1 bgee bgee  7447 May 22 15:33 1115_r0
-rw-rw-r-- 1 bgee bgee  7540 Sep  7 13:32 38915_r0
-rw-rw-r-- 1 bgee bgee 29467 Sep  8 14:38 39315_r1
-rw-r--r-- 1 bgee bgee  5071 May 22 15:34 4415_r0
-rw-r--r-- 1 bgee bgee  7837 May 22 15:33 715_r0

Regards -
========
Bill Gee