KMail and Akonadi throwing thousands of errors

Bill Gee bgee at campercaver.net
Tue Sep 7 22:35:26 BST 2021

Hi Ingo -

Thanks for the tips!  I did have to install akonadiconsole, but that
took only a minute.  Running the two queries ...

 From the first query I got id=5.  I ran the second query like this:

	SELECT * FROM pimitemtable WHERE collectionId=5;

And got no results.  No rows were returned.

Thunderbird does not use Akonadi, but it does interact with the IMAP
email account.  I wonder if Thunderbird cleaned up enough stuff so that
Akonadi was able to get to a sane state.

I have rebooted the computer, so Akonadi has been restarted at least
once since I copied the log messages.

In akonadiconsole, I looked in the Browser tab.  The IMAP account shows
up there with a size of zero.  When I expand it, the various email
folders appear.  Their size is not zero.  I spot-checked a couple of
them, and the size they show does not match what Thunderbird shows.
"Local Folders/Sent Mail", for example, shows 3 items, but Thunderbird
shows none.  I suspect Akonadi is out of sync.

Bill Gee