Akonadi with PostgreSQL 14 (was: Re: Unhappy with Akonadi)

mh at mike.franken.de mh at mike.franken.de
Sun Nov 7 17:35:48 GMT 2021

On Sonntag, 7. November 2021 16:49:09 CET Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Dear Michael.
>
> mh at mike.franken.de - 07.11.21, 13:41:50 CET:
> > On Samstag, 6. November 2021 15:51:47 CET Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > > Bjoern Bidar - 06.11.21, 15:38:20 CET:
> > >
> > > Actually I wrote that I use PostgreSQL in the first sentence of my
> > > post.
> > >
> > > PostgreSQL 13 still. But can move to 14 as well. Anyone using
> > > PostgreSQL 14 with Akonadi yet?
> >
> > I tested with PSql 14, but had to revert to 13 due to a few problems.
>
> What problems? Would be good to know and probably report, so they can be
> fixed.
>
> Best,

there wasn't a single problem, that could be described exactly.
Akonadi was much slower than with PSQL 13. Kmail crashed more often than
usual, especially when acting on really large folders.
I wasn't sure, if the reason was PSQL 14 or a newer version of Kmail, so I
reverted to PSQL 13. Because the problems went away then, I didn't take the
time to step forward to PSQL 14 again to reproduce and report the problems.

Bye.
Michael.