Message too long

Sandro Knauß sknauss at kde.org
Tue May 18 00:11:15 BST 2021

Hey,

On Montag, 10. Mai 2021 15:24:52 CEST Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> > But there are Content-Transfer-Encodings (CTEs) that allows to split
> > lines […] My expectation is, that we do not detect the need to
> > split lines via CTE. And yes the choosing of CTE is independent of line
> > length:
> > https://invent.kde.org/pim/messagelib/-/blob/master/messagecomposer/src/jo
> > b/ singlepartjob.cpp#L42
>
> And apparently links like the one you included are even split over multiple
> lines, rendering them incorrect…

well if you disable wordwrap (Options->Wordwrap) the links are displayed correctly and not split into several lines. Also  long lines these are also displayed as one long line:
https://invent.kde.org/pim/messagelib/-/blob/master/messagecomposer/src/job/singlepartjob.cpp#L42

when you look at what is sent (Message-View Source) the content you see that it uses quoted-printable as CTE and splitting the long lines with "=". So there is no problem to send correct links within text-only mails ;)

regards

hefee