Importing large mbox file

Aldo Latino aldolat at gmail.com
Sat May 8 08:22:46 BST 2021

Hi all,
in order to speed up the Kmail initial loading (i.e., synchronization of all
mail folders) and the periodic checks of "All mail" folder, I have downloaded
a copy of all my Gmail emails with the Gmail Takeout tool. The downloaded file
is a 3 GB mbox single file.

Before deleting the emails on my online account, I should be able to open the
emails in my local computer with Kmail.

I already tried creating this folder:
~/.local/share/local-mail/Gmail backup
Kmail sees the new folder but takes a long time trying to read it but finally
Kmail doesn't show any email in that folder.

Is there a way to import and read them in a local folder of Kmail?

Thanks in advance,
Regards.

--
Aldo Latino