Violation maximum line length (RFC 2822) for forwared mails

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Mar 4 13:45:34 GMT 2021

On Donnerstag, 4. März 2021 14:22:47 CET rhkramer at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, March 04, 2021 03:43:06 AM Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> >  KMail does not properly (if at all) fold long header fields.
>
> From the peanut gallery: I find the use of the word "fold" (especially in
> the Unix / Linux world) somewhat ambiguous.

"fold" is the term used by RFC 2822 and it was used by me this way:

> Which do you consider the proper behavior re headers in kmail?

You are talking about the display of headers. I'm talking about distribution
of long header fields over multiple lines for message transport. The format
used for message transport is irrelevant for displaying.

As far as I'm concerned, KMail's behavior with respect to the display of
headers is fine. At least, I never found anything lacking. Your mileage may
vary.