Kalarm 20.08 starts Akonadi? (it was: Re: [KDE-pim] New Install: AKONADI wit PostgreSQL)

Toni Asensi asmond at gmx.com
Mon Jan 4 21:43:56 GMT 2021

> > I've tried installing KAlarm under Kubuntu 20.10, but the first time
> > it runs
> > it starts Akonadi, MariaDB/MySQL, etc. Do you want me to write a bug
> > report?
>
> No. The first time it runs, it has to use Akonadi to locate any existing
> Akonadi alarm resources used by previous versions of KAlarm, in order to
> migrate them. When migration is complete, it will then halt Akonadi if it
> wasn't already running previously.
>
> --
> David Jarvie
> KAlarm author, KDE developer

Thank you, David, for the description (and for KAlarm :-)
I've tried it again in a Kubuntu 20.10 virtual machine and (even after waiting
a lot of time) KAlarm doesn't stop Akonadi if it's KAlarm who has executed
Akonadi (when KAlarm has been launched for the first time):
    $ kalarm
    [...]

    $ akonadictl status
    Akonadi Control: running
    Akonadi Server: running
    [...]

    $ kalarm --version
    kalarm 3.0.1 (KDE Apps 20.08.1)

Perhaps that doesn't happen in more recent versions of KAlarm?