Kalarm 20.08 starts Akonadi? (it was: Re: [KDE-pim] New Install: AKONADI wit PostgreSQL)

Toni Asensi asmond at gmx.com
Sun Jan 3 18:47:20 GMT 2021

> > > Please note that as from KDE applications release 20.08, KAlarm no
> > > longer uses Akonadi for alarm storage.
> >
> [...]
>
> KAlarm does still use Akonadi directly or indirectly for some purposes
> including emailing, migrating its resources when upgrading, accessing
> contacts, etc, because KDE software libraries use Akonadi to provide these
> functions. So it will depend on some Akonadi packages, even though it no
> longer uses Akonadi for alarm storage and retrieval.
>
> --
> David Jarvie
> KAlarm author, KDE developer

I've tried installing KAlarm under Kubuntu 20.10, but the first time it runs
it starts Akonadi, MariaDB/MySQL, etc. Do you want me to write a bug report?:

        $ kalarm --version
        kalarm 3.0.1 (KDE Apps 20.08.1)

	$ akonadictl status
        Akonadi Control: stopped
        Akonadi Server: stopped
	[...]

        $ kalarm
	[...]
        org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Service
org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Control.lock already registered, terminating now.
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Starting up the Akonadi Server...
        Installing MariaDB/MySQL system tables in
'/home/user/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/' ...
        OK

        To start mysqld at boot time you have to copy
        support-files/mysql.server to the right place for your system

        PLEASE REMEMBER TO SET A PASSWORD FOR THE MariaDB root USER !
        To do so, start the server, then issue the following commands:

        '/usr/bin/mysqladmin' -u root password 'new-password'
        '/usr/bin/mysqladmin' -u root -h kub password 'new-password'
	[...]
        /usr/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 1049: Unknown database 'akonadi' when
selecting the database
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Running DB initializer
        org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: DB initializer done
        kalarm 3.0.1 (KDE Apps 20.08.1)
	[...]
        org.kde.pim.akonadicontrol: Akonadi server is now operational.
	[...]

        $ akonadictl status
        Akonadi Control: running
        Akonadi Server: running
        Akonadi Server Search Support: available (Remote Search)
        Available Agent Types: akonadi_akonotes_resource,
	akonadi_birthdays_resource, akonadi_contacts_resource,
	[...]