Akonadi server won't start

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Sat Dec 11 20:24:23 GMT 2021

On Tuesday, 17 August 2021 16:00:49 SAST Thomas Tanghus wrote:

> . Now the akonadi server keeps  crashing.

I had this problem last weekend.

I "fixed" it by renaming ~/.local/share/akonadi to something else, and Akonadi
created a new one and connected to the database.

Lost most of my configs (maildir folder setup for multiple POP3 accounts).
Also lost mail, not sure how much.

Old mail was spread out randomly over 100 numbered folders (bizarre design
decision, that) and it took a while to recreate folders, filters, and get them
to work. Filters behaved badly so I have multiple copies of many messages.
Directly moving them in Kmail often ended up with copies in both folders as
filters moved them back but left copy behind.

Anyway, now I have a different problem .. in some folders, opening a message
opens it in the "reply" format, instead of "read" format.

Why is that?

Thanks, Ian

--
ian at zti.co.za http://www.zti.co.za