now I really broke it. FIXED

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Dec 7 22:15:48 GMT 2021

On Dienstag, 7. Dezember 2021 15:56:37 CET Gene Heskett wrote:
> That worked, but did anybody stop to think when that was written that
> it was a one way operation? W/o the menu-bar. you have no way to read
> the docs to find out how to restore it.

Help could always be summoned with F1. This keyboard shortcut used to be
available in many applications not just those by KDE.

> The ability to remove it should be expunged.

Well, there are people out there who value vertical screen estate more than
the menubar and who are glad that KDE applications allow them to hide the
menubar.

> Or a toolbar recover-menu should be written in.

When I press Ctrl+M or deselect Settings->Show Menubar to hide the menubar in
KMail's main window, then a message window pops up which tells me
"This will hide the menu bar completely. You can show it again by typing
Ctrl+M."
I'm wondering how you've managed to hide the menubar without getting this
information window.

Anyway, I agree that there should be a better discoverable way to recover the
menubar. Firefox shows a corresponding option in the menu that you get when
you right click in the empty space of the tab bar.