now I really broke it.

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Tue Dec 7 01:42:29 GMT 2021

On Mon, 6 Dec, 2021 at 8:39 PM, me <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

To: kdepim-user at kde.org

Four questions. and a rant...

Somehow I have managed to turn off the menu-bar. A reinstall did not restore it.

How can I restore it?

2nd question, how can I make it process a 19 megabyte mailfile? I ran mailwatcher and fetchmail to clean out nearly 500 msgs at shentel.net<http://shentel.net>, building that 19 meg mailfile.

Third question:

If it only takes maildir, do we have a utility that will break that mailfile of into individual msgs?

Forth  question: how do I get me perms for dcop or dbus to talk to kmail?
I've got a wagon load of:
Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-qJyBktsdmg: Connection refused

Also:
qt.qpa.xcb: QXcbConnection: XCB error: 3 (BadWindow), sequence: 757, resource id: 15941389, major code: 40 (TranslateCoords), minor code: 0
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Error while handling command FetchCollections on connection akonadi_indexing_agent (0x565316d74960)
org.kde.pim.mixedmaildirresource: "No usable storage location configured."
org.kde.pim.mixedmaildirresource: "Unusable configuration."
org.kde.pim.mixedmaildirresource: "No usable storage location configured."
org.kde.pim.mixedmaildirresource: "Unusable configuration."
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Error while handling command FetchCollections on connection akonadi_indexing_agent (0x565316d74960)
org.kde.pim.akonadiserver: Error while handling command FetchCollections on connection akonadi_indexing_agent (0x565316d74960)

I hate to do another bare metal re-install as with the raid10 it takes close to a

full 24 hours due to the time it takes to recreate an ext4 file system on 4T of drives
in the raid...  But if this can't be made to work, I'll do a pure text install, add the trinity.list and saved keyring to apt and find out if tde will do what I want.

to apt and see if that will give me a usable gui.

Thanks Ingo.