Making kmail5 work from kmail-1.9 mails?

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Fri Dec 3 13:41:51 GMT 2021

Greetings All;

In my quest to get a working email agent, first question is "how do I get kmail5

to recognize and read, about 7 gigs and 45 maildir folders worth of old kmail-1.9 mail"?

Ideally it should create folder entries in the left panel simply by finding the folder in

/home/$me/Mail, as it is already there, but currently invisible to kmail5.

Can this be done?

Second question is:How do I get it to fetch a mailfile in /var/mail/$usrname.

Thank you all.

Cheers, Gene