KMail sendmail option not working

David Jarvie djarvie at kde.org
Mon Aug 16 21:23:32 BST 2021

I'm setting up KMail 20.08, and trying to configure it to send mails using sendmail. I've tested my sendmail (actually postfix) configuration using the command line, and it successfully sends messages.

However, the postfix log file doesn't show anything when I try to send a message using KMail, and KMail simply puts the message to send into the outbox with no error message. "Send queued messages" does nothing either

In the KMail configuration settings, in the Sending sub-tab of the Accounts tab, I added a sendmail account as the default (and only) account. I set the "sendmail location" field to /usr/sbin/sendmail, and left the "sendmail options" field blank. That's the same as a previously working KMail 4.14 setup.

The Mail Dispatcher Agent resource is shown in akonadiconsole as"ready to dispatch messages", and I've tried restarting it too.

Any help to get sendmail working with KMail would be much appreciated.
--
David Jarvie
KAlarm author, KDE developer