Performance issues on Tumbleweed

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Wed Apr 28 20:06:29 BST 2021

On Wednesday, 28 April 2021 08:35:53 BST Jason Bailey wrote:
> My KMail2 setup on my Tumbleweed install is extremely slow to the point where
> selecting a message means a 15-20 second wait before any results show. I was
> reading various bits across the web that some people with large volumes of
> email like me find some benefit in switching from the default backend of MySQL
> to PostgreSQL. I'd like to give it a try but I don't know how to do that.
>
> I'm running the latest SUSE Tumbleweed on a Dell Optiplex 7070. I don't see a
> postgres package for Akonadi when I search so does that mean PostgreSQL is not
> an option for me?
>
> I did see a doc on userbase.kde.org referenced by a few forum posts but it
> didn't really answer my question. Could one of you put me in the right
> direction? If wiping out my local KMail config and rebuilding on postgres is
> easier, I'm okay with that -- all my mail is server side, so I'm not afraid of
> losing anything.
>
> Thanks!!

postgres works well but you have to install it separately
to install postgres - https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:PostgreSQL -
try this link for more info : https://www.enricozini.org/blog/2015/akonadi-install/

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20210426
Qt: 5.15.2 KDE Frameworks: 5.81.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.21.4 - kwin 5.21.4