Kaddressbook and nextcloud?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Sep 16 21:23:41 BST 2020

On Mittwoch, 16. September 2020 20:58:33 CEST Anders Lund wrote:
> onsdag den 16. september 2020 17.45.40 CEST skrev Garry T. Williams:
> > > I do not have Kontact installed, I prefer the individual apps. Odd
> > > that KAddressbook does no provide that option.
> >
> > You have (in KAddressbook) an Address Books pane.  Right-click it.
>
> Now THAT is well hidden. Spooky design choice :o
> Thanks a lot though, it works well when found ...

You should also find it under File->New->Add Address Book...

Coming from KMail where accounts are added in the settings dialog, I can see
why you've looked for configuring address books in KAddressBook's settings
dialog.

If you ever miss an action you suspect or know should be there, then you might
want to look in one of the following places:
* Settings->Configure Keyboard Shortcuts...
* Settings->Configure Toolbars...

In those settings panels you should find almost all actions a KDE application
supports. And, once you've found the action, you can add it to your toolbar or
add a shortcut for it.