Kaddressbook and nextcloud?

Ianseeks bingmybong at btinternet.com
Wed Sep 16 16:24:04 BST 2020

On Wednesday, 16 September 2020 16:07:58 BST Anders Lund wrote:
> onsdag den 16. september 2020 15.50.28 CEST skrev Garry T. Williams:
> > On Wednesday, September 16, 2020 4:35:37 AM EDT Anders Lund wrote:
> > > Appearently Kaddressbook does not support NextCloud in any easy way,
> > > meaning it looks like one have to enter the ldap path manually.
> > >
> > > In systemsettings there is something named "online accounts", but
> > > pressing add account provides just a blank page.
> > >
> > > Seems like only KOrganizer supports NextCloud at this point in time
> > > - can that really be the case?
> >
> > Open Contacts in Kontact.  Right-click in the Address Books pane.
> > Select Add Address Book...  Click on DAV groupware resource.  You
> > should find the rest easy enough.  It explicitly offers Nextcloud.
> >
> > I have not used this, so I cannot guarantee that there are not
> > problems along the way.
>
> I do not have Kontact installed, I prefer the individual apps. Odd that
> KAddressbook does no provide that option.

I've never used this so i may be talking complete *******
What version of kaddressbook are you using?
i'm on Version 5.15.1 beta (20.07.80) and it gives the "DAV groupware resource" option when you click "Add Address Book", it then asks for your groupware user and password so i couldn't check it any further. If you cancel the user/password it then gives another window called "akonadi_davgroupware_resource_2" with General Configuration.

--
opensuse:tumbleweed:20200914
Qt: 5.15.1 KDE Frameworks: 5.73.0 - KDE Plasma:  5.19.5 - kwin 5.19.5