Message signing popups....

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:56:38 BST 2020

On Wednesday, May 27, 2020 04:55:06 AM Ian Douglas wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 May 2020 17:55:02 SAST Achim Bohnet wrote:
> > Achim

<left that just so someone can find Achim's original post>

> Achim's message produces the attached popup (and another one asking similar
> things afterwards). The second one wanted me to verify the signature.
>
> How am I supposed to know?
>
> Don't know if this is a PIM issue or system issue, but asking users things
> like that is not helpful...

Interesting.  I'm not so sure, and I might have waited to comment to see some
other comments / reactions first, but:

...to me, it seems that, the reader of the email knows that the information /
authority cited in the popup is reliable (and that they ultimately trust
them), or that they don't know, and chooses "No".

Aside: I'm not sure what the Cancel choice does, presumably either No or
Cancel result in not displaying the content of the message?

I'm a little surprised not to see some kind of option to make some sort of
temporary exception.