Item "255451" in collection "108" has no RID.

test test at adminart.net
Wed May 20 10:17:31 BST 2020

On Tuesday, May 12, 2020 10:18:06 AM CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Tuesday May 12 2020 03:20:31 test wrote:
> >Hm, is it even possible to somehow unintentionally move an email from the
> >IMAP server into the database?
>
> I've learned that anything is possible with the combination of multi-touch
> trackpads and KDE software, esp. kmail which too often doesn't give clear
> feedback that an intended action was "understood".

I haven't used such a scratchpad.

> >kmail on another computer.  It was a total failure.  What is this export
> >feature for when it doesn't work at all?
>
> If you've been following this ML you must have seen that kdepim is
> apparently full of features that don't work - for/according to some. That's
> just an observation - the fact that many complainers still stick to the
> software also means something.

It means that there aren't so many alternatives and that kmail is a very good
one as long as it works.

> There have been threads about how to clone a kmail set-up to another
> computer (or for backup). Yes, there are a lot of things to copy/clone, and
> I'm not amazed a built-in feature would miss some of them.

Ha you should try it some time just to see what kind of understatement that
is.  Even after trying to delete all that was imported and trying to configure
it from scratch, it turned out that it was still totally messed up.  Kmail
only kept saying it can't find the server --- which is a great error message
because it doesn't tell you anything.  So I tried to remove all configuration
of kmail, and still something remained and akonadictl fsck finds problems it
can't fix.

Is there a list of files and/or instructions to deconfigure kmail for good
without deleting your entire home directory?  And even if you delete it, I
wouldn't be surprised if that weren't enough ...