Item "255451" in collection "108" has no RID.

test test at adminart.net
Sat May 9 15:16:11 BST 2020

On Friday, May 8, 2020 10:05:32 AM CEST Achim Bohnet wrote:
> On Thursday, 7 May 2020 20:58:16 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> > On Thursday May 07 2020 20:01:21 test wrote:
> > >'akonadictl fsck' gives lots of messages like in the subject.  Are those
> > >bugs, and if so, how can I fix them?
> >
> > I can't comment on what they are, but I don't think you can fix them if
> > the
> > command that's supposed to fix issues cannot. What you can try is a
> > "vacuum", which should clean out your database, after which messages are
> > reloaded from the remote server (when you launch KMail). With a bit of
> > luck
> > that will get rid of the offending whatever-they-are.
>
> One can use akonadiconsole to get rid of them.  Start akonadiconsole
>
>   * Read the warning that pops up carefully.
>   * tab 'DB Browser': select collectiontable, press [refresh]
>     -> check with name collection id 108 has
>   * tab 'Browser' select the collection with the name you found in
>     the step above. Sort list of the right hand side by 'Remote ID'
>     (list all item with no RID grouped together) or scroll to the ID 255451
>   * Inspecting the payload shows you the content and may give you a hint
>     how to reproduce the problem for a bug report
>   * Right click on the item -> delete
>
> Now at least akonadictl fsck is happy.
> This always worked for me.

For collection 108, the "DB Browser" says the name is 'trash'.  There is no
'trash' in the "Browser" tab, only "Trash".  Those "Trash" items seem to refer
to mail folders, and there are three of them because there are three email
accounts.

Two of the "Trash" items have 'Unsupported Type' as Payload, and the frame
above shows nothing.  The other "Trash" item shows what appears to be an
email, or part of it, and above it there are RemoteIDs listed.  The RemoteID
255451 is not in the list.

> > NB: you run those akonadictl commands when kmail isn't running, right?!

Should I?  If this is some kind of database, it needs to support multiple
connections and concurrent transactions.  And I've made a crontab entry to run
akonadictl fsck && akonadictl vacuum, so there would need to be some commands
to quit kmail before akonadictl and to start it again once akonadictl is
finished.  Starting kmail shouldn't be a problem; is there a command to quit
kmail?

Why is akonadictl (or kmail) not removing stuff that apparently refers to
emails that don't exist anymore?  (I can assume that it was kmail itself what
expired the message from the Thrash folder.)