Item "255451" in collection "108" has no RID.

Achim Bohnet ach at mpe.mpg.de
Fri May 8 09:05:32 BST 2020

On Thursday, 7 May 2020 20:58:16 CEST René J.V. Bertin wrote:
> On Thursday May 07 2020 20:01:21 test wrote:
> >'akonadictl fsck' gives lots of messages like in the subject.  Are those
> >bugs, and if so, how can I fix them?
>
> I can't comment on what they are, but I don't think you can fix them if the
> command that's supposed to fix issues cannot. What you can try is a
> "vacuum", which should clean out your database, after which messages are
> reloaded from the remote server (when you launch KMail). With a bit of luck
> that will get rid of the offending whatever-they-are.

One can use akonadiconsole to get rid of them.  Start akonadiconsole

  * Read the warning that pops up carefully.
  * tab 'DB Browser': select collectiontable, press [refresh]
    -> check with name collection id 108 has
  * tab 'Browser' select the collection with the name you found in
    the step above. Sort list of the right hand side by 'Remote ID'
    (list all item with no RID grouped together) or scroll to the ID 255451
  * Inspecting the payload shows you the content and may give you a hint
    how to reproduce the problem for a bug report
  * Right click on the item -> delete

Now at least akonadictl fsck is happy.
This always worked for me.

                                      -- reddy at lion.austin.ibm.com