PIM does not completely start

Garry T. Williams gtwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:58:27 GMT 2020

On Tuesday, March 17, 2020 4:59:10 AM EDT Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> On 17.03.20 г. 0:56 ч., Garry T. Williams wrote:
> > On Monday, March 16, 2020 3:47:43 AM EDT Georgi Kourtev wrote:
> >> На пн, 16.03.2020 г. в 0:39 Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org> написа:
> >> ... Gtid table is not ready to be used. Table 'mysql.gtid_executed' cannot be opened.
> >> ... Table 'mysql.component' doesn't exist
> > This is all about the mysql database -- the meta database.  The
> > breakage has nothing to do with PIM.
> >
> It seems so as I've been using PIM since 2008 with just minor issues.
> Any ideas how to re-install/reset this MySQL stuff, or else?

I do not know.  It involves getting akonadi to start with an empty
database directory, but I do not know how to trigger that.

It may be as simple as stopping everything (akonadi) and removing
~/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/, which is where my version of akonadi
stores its mysql database.  I see that by looking at

    ps -ef|grep mysql

I do not have a test system to try that out on, so you probably can
get guidance by Googling for akonadi, etc.

--
Garry T. Williams