mail retrieval fails

Parameshwara Bhat peebhat at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:48:03 BST 2020

Hello all,

I am running kmail 20.04 from Manjaro repositories.

I have set up two mail accounts in kmail, personal and office.I receive
good numbers of mails on both accounts,many spam and many genuine.

My troubles are,

1.kmail fails to list messages after working well for a while

2.kmail fails to retrieve messages after working well for a while

3.Both the problems are likely to appear immediately after I delete a
number of spam mails together or delete spam mails one after another
quickly. Another trigger is when I filter messages. BUT THIS IS NOT ALWAYS
THE NECESSARY CONDITION.

Problems one and two can appear un-announced anytime and a few times in the
course of a day.

Each time if I kill mysqld and restart akonadi manually, for a while things
work.

I know akonadi is an endemic to kmail. I am returning to kmail after 12
years. I had left when akonadi problems had begun.

My question is, is there anyway akonadi and mysql can be setup to not
trouble ?

Thanks all in advance,

--
P Bhat