Frustrating to use KMail with Akonadi 5.14.1 (20.04)

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Tue Jun 9 12:24:00 BST 2020

On dinsdag 9 juni 2020 10:10:43 CEST, Frank Mehnert wrote:
> […] it's very unlikely that the origin of the problem is
> the database engine (it could be with SQLite of course).

I think even SQLite is fine.

I use SQLite and usually access to an IMAP mailbox with 46000 messages is
smooth. But when kmail (or akonadi?) decides that this mailbox needs to be
(needlessly re)synchronized, it takes forever and gets stuck at 99%.
Switching mailboxes is no option at that point, although selecting messages
in that mailbox still works fine.

I normally fix things by aborting the activity of the resource in
akonadiconsole. That does not work anymore once it gets stuck at 99%. Then
I need to restart akonadi.

Erik (still on 19.12.3)