Frustrating to use KMail with Akonadi 5.14.1 (20.04)

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Jun 9 08:52:46 BST 2020

Martin Steigerwald - 05.06.20, 18:52:37 CEST:
> This is a plea to any KDE developer who feels capable and willing of
> doing so, to look at whether it would be possible to make Akonadi
> great… not again, but for the first time… or whether it would be wise
> to finally start over with a new approach.
>
> It easily takes a minute or longer  to synchronize a mail folder with
> just a few thousand mails. It is much, much, much slower than with
> KMail with Akonadi 19.08. During that time Akonadi does not respond
> to KMail requesting the payload of a mail I click on.
>
> Which means: I have to wait a minute, sometimes longer for being able
> to read a mail in a folder I just selected.

- Open a folder with just about 13000 mails
- Click on it for the first time in a KMail/Akonadi session or after a
while you used it last again
- Wait for one minute for Akonadi to deliver the payload of a mail I
like to reply to to KMail.

This is unbearable.

I do not remember when it ever has been that bad.

--
Martin