I accidentally deleted Spam folder

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Jun 8 19:23:19 BST 2020

On Montag, 8. Juni 2020 17:59:29 CEST Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I then created another Spam folder, which seems to be catching spam, but
> wonder if there is a way to restore the old Spam folder.
>
> What is the best solution?

That depends on whether this is a local folder (e.g. if you use POP3 for
fetching email) or a remote folder (e.g. if you use IMAP).

If it's a local folder, then the only way to restore the old folder is to
restore it from a backup.

If it's a remote folder, then you have to check with your email provider to
see if there is a way to restore the folder. Maybe they offer a way to read
your mail with a browser, i.e. a web mail interface, which allows restoring
deleted folders.

KMail itself does not provide any means to restore deleted folders. Unless the
folder has been moved to the trash folder. In this case you can try to move
the folder outside of the trash folder to its old location (e.g. with
drag&drop, or by right-clicking on the folder and using "Move Folder To ...").