kmail has messed up the email accounts

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Jun 7 09:02:55 BST 2020

lørdag den 6. juni 2020 16.15.32 CEST skrev test:
> On 6/3/20 11:21 AM, Anders Lund wrote:
> > Please stop. Find a mail client that suits your needs better, og live with
> > spending the few minutes to set up kmail to your likings, it is really not
> > that hard!
>
> Please tell me how to do that.  I have asked several times how to do
> that.  Currently, I can not set up anything in kmail because it only
> shows a dialog saying it doesn't work and then quits or crashes.

I can't help you with the crashes. KMail generally does not crash, I can't
remember when it crashed here the last time. Crashes sounds like an unhealthy
system somehow, a mismatch in libraries or so. KMail is mature software, and
even if you disagree with how it works, it should not be unstable.

What I thought of was this:
If you just want to have different email accounts, just create a KMail identity
for each account, and assign them in the "Advanced" tab of the receiving
resource settings. It's as simple as that.

Kindly,
Anders