Real name policy? [was: kmail has messed up the email accounts]

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Tue Jun 2 19:07:56 BST 2020

On Tuesday, 02 June 2020 17:18:05 SAST Paul Vixie wrote:

> also note, everything about kmail and akonadi gets better if you switch from
> the default database (mysql) to the other one (postgresql).

Mmmm. I currently have (thanks to Akonadi, I think) mail in three different
folder hierarchies. I think I will have to move them all to the same place
first and then do a total index rebuild... which is going to lose read/unread
status but suppose there is no other way.

Have been reluctant to switch to Postgres because their upgrade process is not
as seamless as MySql, and have way more experience with MySql than Postgres,
but if it means less annoyances going forward, then so be it.

Just find it weird that database choice could have this effect ... I use MySql
for assorted problems and it doesn't lose things like Akonadi does ...

Cheers, Ian

--
ian at zti.co.za http://www.zti.co.za
Zero 2 Infinity - The net.works