The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.

test test at adminart.net
Mon Jun 1 11:52:39 BST 2020

Hi,

after running 'akonadictl fsck' because some sent messages seem to have
disappeard, kmail has ceased to function and displays a popup with this
error message:

The Email program encountered a fatal error and will terminate now.
The error was:
Could not create collection trash, resourceId 3

How can I fix this, or how can I remove all data and settings used by
kmail to start fresh?  I have tried several times now to remove all data
and settings, and something always remains, so there's not much point in
trying it again because it stores data all over the place.

I really like kmail, but it is just not working.