Empty Email

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Thu Dec 17 09:49:29 GMT 2020

Hi Ian.

Ianseeks - 17.12.20, 10:24:14 CET:
> I occasionally get an email that is completely empty and no sender, no
> From, no Subject, no message, no Date (but is shown in the list as
> dated January 1970).
>
> Does this happen to anyone else?

I have seen those. Has been a while since I last saw one, but I have
seen those.

I suggest pressing "v" for source view. This way you can see whether all
of the fields you are mentioned are empty, but whether there are at least
some Received:-headers, or whether this may be a completely empty thing
which could hint at a bug.

Source view of mails is also always good to just see for sure whether
some phishing mail that appears to be real on first sight is fake.
Usually this becomes clear from the Received:-headers.

Best,
--
Martin