Clicking links in emails leads to spam windows in browser

Ian Douglas ian at zti.co.za
Thu Apr 2 23:00:36 BST 2020

Hi all

Last day or so, if I click a link in an email, then instead of opening a new
tab in the running instance of Firefox, it opens a Firefox window, loads the
destination URL in first tab, then tries to fill 3 more tabs with adverts.

This does not happen if I copy the URL and paste it in the location bar in
Firefox.

Which implies it is something happening BEFORE it gets to Firefox.... either
in Kmail or somewhere between the two.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Hope my system has not been compromised somehow ...

Thanks, Ian

--
ian at zti.co.za http://www.zti.co.za
Zero 2 Infinity - The net.works