Urgent. Do not manage any more to use Kontact/ Kmail for Gmail.

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 08:33:17 BST 2019

On Monday September 30 2019 06:42:26 Bas Roufs wrote:

Hi,

>> "(...)
>> Inloggen met Google is tijdelijk uitgeschakeld voor deze app
>>
>> Deze app is nog niet geverifieerd door Google voor gebruik van de
>> functie 'Inloggen bij Google'.
>> (...)"
>>
>> This Dutch text implies something like this:
>> "(...)
>> Logging into Google has been temporarily turned off for this app.
>> This app has not yet been verified by Google for the use of the
>> functionality "Logging into Google".
>> (...)"
>>
>> Is there any way to fix this???

I invite you to search the archives of this mailing list, from what I recall there is a problem currently with the gmail agent which leads to the error you are seeing. As a workaround you can access your email via the "legacy" IMAP agent. You will need to authorise access to "legacy clients" in your gmail settings (disregard any suggestion this may be insecure, that's relevant only for people who probably shouldn't be using gmail anyway).
I'm still on KMail 4.1x and my Google Calendar and Contacts agents still work fine so I have to presume they do too with the current KMail versions (if they're still independent agents).

R.