mbox? (was: Re: Part 2 of any progress on kmail in debian buster?)

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 13:25:58 BST 2019

Is mbox gone as an option for storing emails in current versions of kmail?

(For lots of reasons, I use mbox folders (in kmail 1.13.7 using KDE
development platform 4.8.4 on Debian Wheezy), and will need to use mbox for
the foreseeable future (as I am developing an application that uses mbox for
storage and can intermix emails and other "data" made to look like emails).)

If mbox is gone as an option, can someone tell me (at least approximately)
which version of kmail is the last to support it.

(And finally (for now), is there a, hmm, trying to remember what it's called
(well, I guess there are several names) -- one of those packages which, iiuc,
packages all of an application's dependencies and such to load into a virtual
machine / contiainer on an arbitrary Linux OS so that an application not
specifically packaged for that OS can be run on a computer running that OS.)