Part 2 of any progress on kmail in debian buster?

John White john at lawquest.com
Sun Sep 22 23:43:29 BST 2019

The prior string was getting too long and most of the concerns set forth have been
satisfied, thanks in large part to help from this list and in part to my correcting my
own proxy error.

BUT, I still can't open some emails.  They are from reliable sources for the most part.
I click on them in kmail 2 (pop-3), Debian Buster, and they won't open or mark as
read.  Rather I get a little box saying "please wait while the message is being
transferred" and, unless I immediately close that little window, after a  while kmail
(and often the computer itself) freezes, sometimes requiring a reboot and
sometimes just restarting kmail.   When I go to folder and ask that all messages be
marked as read, sometime it so marks them and sometimes not.

Any suggestions are appreciated.  I have a  funny feeling that the problem is still
largely me and that I need to reconfigure kmail in some fashion.

John