kmail does not log into POP3 account

test test at adminart.net
Sat Sep 14 14:15:29 BST 2019

On Saturday, 14 September 2019 10:38:46 CEST Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Saturday, 14 September 2019 02:57:30 BST test wrote:
> > I have created and removed the POP3 account several times and thougourly
> > verfied and tried all the settings available for POP3 accounts.  Just
> > kmail
> > always refuses into log into the account.
>
> When you create the account, do you let kmail establish its own settings?
> The button is, I think, Detect Automatically on the Advanced tab.

Yes, I have tried that, too, and it still didn't work.

Maybe there is something going wrong with making settings.  I found I was also
unable to send any outgoing messages with this test-account, and after logging
in and back out, it suddenly worked.  I have also received notifications while
kmail wasn't even open.  Of course, I can't relog every time when changing a
setting ...

In the end, I my might end up leaving the messages on the server and use IMAP.
I found out that I have sufficient storage space on the server, so it would be
possible.