Remove Mail Filter Agent (or start/stop "on demand")?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 14:18:24 BST 2019

On Thursday September 12 2019 14:24:29 Thomas Tanghus wrote:

>org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.akonadi_mailfiler_agent
>   org.freedesktop.Akonadi.Agent.Status
>      setOnline(bool)
>
>I managed to get it to start/stop that way, but how to use it practically I
>don't know.

I'm (blissfully?) unfamiliar with sending manual dbus commands, but
- a filter could contain an exec command that enables the mailfilter agent if that doesn't happen automatically
- it could also contain an exec command that disables the mailfilter agent again, as the final stage.

Anything more elegant would probably require patching the code.

R.