Faster way to move emails from one folder to another?

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue Sep 10 14:47:03 BST 2019

René J.V. Bertin - 10.09.19, 11:14:48 CEST:
> On Tuesday September 10 2019 10:20:07 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> >The only way I know that is faster it to move files around in the
> >filesystem. Preferably while Akonadi is running and monitoring the
> >directory where the Maildir resource points to via Inotify.
>
> That only works if the emails are individual files somewhere on *your*
> computer (might be the case with a primitive protocol like POP3 since
> the OP mentions it). And Inotify doesn't work on all filesystems (and
> only on Linux, for that matter).

I mentioned this.

With POP3 and maildir resource for local storage this is the case.

With POP3 and old KMail mixedmaildir resources some folders could also
be mbox folders, but I believe maildir format was standard there as
well.

With IMAP this does not work. That I did not mention, but John spoke
about POP3. With IMAP some command line tools for IMAP mailbox handling
could work.

Best,
--
Martin