Unable to sign email

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Sat Nov 23 09:55:43 GMT 2019

On Saturday, 23 November 2019 10.17 Anders Lund wrote:
> fredag den 22. november 2019 22.42.55 CET skrev Thomas Tanghus:
> > I was sending an email, when my keyboard suddenly died, and I was unable
> > to enter the pass-phrase for signing it, and had to cancel. Since then
> > I've been unable to sign (and encrypt) email. I just get two popups
> > saying "Could not compose message: No passphrase given", but no
> > possibility to actually sign it.
> > I tried first logging out and in again, to no avail. Then I rebooted,
> > but
>
> What changed? Software update, anything else?

>From looking in my Sent Mail folder, it seems I was email silent Sun->Fri,
and there have been quite a lot of updates since:

Extracted from `grep installed /var/log/dpkg.log`
nginx, systemd, ufw, python2.7-dev, python3-virtualenv, mysql, mariadb (why
do I have both..?), libdbd-perl, libhtml-perl, libterm-readkey-perl, galera,
php7.3, dkms, intel/amd-microcode, dnsutil+bind, libirs, libdns, libisc,
libdjvulibre.

--

/Thomas