Accessing another account with Microsoft Exchange (EWS)

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Mon Nov 18 18:44:13 GMT 2019

On Montag, 18. November 2019 15:16:06 CET Vojtěch Zeisek wrote:
> Hello,
> I use Akonadi Microsoft Exchange (EWS) protocol to connect to my work
> e-mail. This works fine. Recently I got access to another mailbox. I can
> access it via Outlook we interface where I can click to "Open another
> mailbox..." (top-right corner - menu with face icon). I wonder if there is
> any option how to access such secondary mailbox (and calendar) in KDE PIM.

The following article explains how to do it with Thunderbird via IMAP:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/6369118f-7dee-4728-ac1c-a0c706b3d290/office-365-exchange-online-how-to-access-a-shared-mailbox-using-thunderbird-or-other-imap-client

Maybe a similar approach (with the specially crafted username) also works for
KMail via EWS.