KMail/Akonadi grief

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 20:09:52 GMT 2019

>> I still do not understand why KMail does not prioritize showing the
>> mail, when the header is clicked. All other mail clients I know of

I'm guessing that this happens when you change folders, not when you click a different, unread, message in the folder in which you were already?

If so, your suggestion means that the folder sync which is triggered when you change folders is cancelled because

>The main issue is that Akonadi basically can only do one thing at once.

Not only that, it also seems to run into problems if someone tries to make it do multiple things "at once". Annoyingly you cannot avoid a message to be opened when you change folders (*), so if the above assumption is correct the only way to (maybe!) improve things would be to disable the sync-on-changing-folders.

*) I have a patch that adds a "select none" option for what has to be selected when changing folders; maybe that's why I get the BSOD only rarely.

R.