mbox to store emails

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Tue May 28 12:43:33 BST 2019

René J.V. Bertin - 28.05.19, 10:34:
> On Tuesday May 28 2019 09:22:21 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> >Again: Not MBox. "KMail folder" or something like that.
>
> In 4.13 its called "KMail Mail Folder". I do not however see an option
> to toggle it from mbox to something else or vice-versa. And I get the
> impression that the entire "account" doesn't show up in the accounts
> side-bar until the folder has some actual mbox files in it.

Well, it should show up. Maybe after a restart of KMail / Akonadi?

Usually such a resource got created when setting up a POP3 account so
the POP3 resource would have a place to store the mails into.

Akonadi would then retrieve mails from POP3, cache them for a while,
store them into maildir or mixedmaildir resource and when the user likes
to read them retrieve them from the maildir or mixedmaildir resource.

As written before: I believe on creating a new folder within a
mixedmaildir resource it would ask whether to use maildir or mbox.
However, it has been ages since I last used that.

--
Martin