Kmail crashes on every message close/reply/etc

Erik Quaeghebeur kdepim-users at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Mon May 27 09:24:12 BST 2019

On maandag 27 mei 2019 08:21:20 CEST, Ian Douglas wrote:

> Kmail Version 5.10.3 on AMD, Gentoo Linux.
>
> After system update over weekend, every time I close a message,
> Kmail crashes.

I can confirm this, also on Gentoo (stable). There's even no backtrace
generated by DrKonqi.

> Is this something Kmail-related or database backend-related?

My feeling is this is application-related. The recent updates were for Qt,
KDE Frameworks, and KDE Plasma, not KDE Applications (such as KMail). So I
guess it's a problematic library call.

> Any ideas to fix?

I'm going to rebuild KMail and see what that does, you could also go to the
unstable 19.04 Applications and see what that gives.

Success,

Erik