Switching directories from maildir to mbox in kmail 4.14.1

rhkramer at gmail.com rhkramer at gmail.com
Sun May 19 02:47:31 BST 2019

On Saturday, May 18, 2019 09:18:57 PM rhkramer at gmail.com wrote:
> Background: For a period of time, I have to do some work on a Debian Jessie
> system.  The supported version of kmail is 4.14.1.  I've discovered that,
> by default, mail folders are set up as maildir.
>
> I need to switch them bo mbox -- how do I do that?

I should add that I've done some googling, and found some instructions that
seem to imply the when I create a new folder, I should get a popup that has a
selection for mbox or maildir.  That doesn't popup on this system.

Further, when I look at folder properties, I don't see an option to switch to
mbox.

I tried looking at ~/.../kmailrc but didn't see any place where maildir was
set.