KMail not displaying messages

Karel Vorster krlvorster at gmail.com
Thu May 16 17:56:08 BST 2019

Hi!
I am having asome difficulties with using Kmail inside of Kontact. Since
upgrading to Leap 15.0, no messages are displaying, either as an opened
mail, or in the preview pane. The original message I sent to the developers
are as follows:

-- Message --

Hi Mathias,

I hope that you can help me.

I have recently upgraded my system to Leap 15.0, running Kontact Version
5.7.3.

Not one of my emails display any text in the preview pane - something I use
most. I have updated all my system packages, QT5, and xcb packages to the
latest, using the official repos, as well as from PackMan - and still no
text. There is also no text displayed in an “opened” email message,
although when viewing the source, the text does appear to have been
downloaded - in other words, it is there, but not displayed.

I am also not able to send any mail via Kmail/Kontact, as I get a "wrong
version number" error.

I do not see a ready workaround anywhere on the threads. Is there something
I missed here?

I am aiming to do an online upgrade to Leap 15.1 soon, but I don't want to
risk doing so if there are still bugs on the system this side, or is that
the actual fix?

Please help - this is a component I use a couple of times a day - and at
the moment, it is useless.

Please give me some advice - I am rather desperate!

-- End of Message --

The only answer I got back from Cornelius Schumacher was two email
addresses - hopefully someone here can help!

Regards,

Karel Vorster