Kmail not syncing read/unread state with imap mailbox

Francesco frapox at yahoo.it
Wed May 1 16:15:33 BST 2019

On Monday, 29 April 2019 18:43:26 CEST Erik Quaeghebeur wrote:
> Just FYI, here read status (and other IMAP flag changes) is *immediately*
> synced between KMail and other clients, in both directions, both for
> setting and unsetting. (KMail/KIMAP 18.12.3, sqlite backend, regular
> syncing is unset.)
>
> Erik

I'm glad for you.

Today I brought up a new Kubuntu 19.04 VM (kmail 5.10, mysql  Ver 14.14
Distrib 5.7.26); configured Kmail & accounts from scratch.

The issue is still present...

> so apparently that only refers to fetching new/expunging deleted messages

This issue refers to all messages which were already fetched by Kmail and then
read on another client. Newly fetched messages by Kmail but already read on
Thunderbird are marked correctly.