Strange event this morning

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 13:46:42 GMT 2019

>With KDEPIM/Akonadi 18.08.3 in Debian I saw several times that a single
>or maybe a few, up to three mails, in sent folder were marked as unread.

In itself this should be correct if you never opened them and nothing added a flag to the headers that the messages in question were read...
That said, the messages in my gmail sent mail folder are all marked as read, but it's gmail who populates that folder (and I have no way of checking their headers without possibly altering them).
Most messages in my draft folder are marked unread, though.

Reminds me of cartoon by Belgian humourist Kamagurka. Reporter: "So many books, did you read them all?". Kamagurka: "No, I just wrote them." 8-)