MBox status in KMail

Martin Steigerwald martin at lichtvoll.de
Fri Mar 1 19:26:44 GMT 2019

Hello Andreas.

Please use KDEPIM users mailing list for user support requests. "kde-
pim" is the mailinglist for the development of KDEPIM.

Andreas Gungl - 01.03.19, 19:49:
> in the Akonadi output I can see such lines:
>
> org.kde.pim.kmbox: Cannot open mbox file `
> "file:///var/spool/mail/andreas" ' FileError: "No such file or
> directory"
> org.kde.pim.kmbox: Failed to lock
> Error writing to file...
>
> For sure the file exists and is writeable. It's configured to be used
> without locking mechanism. Compression doesn't work, though.
>
> Are MBox resources still supported? Or is there another way to read
> mails from such a file? Any ideas are welcome.

They should be.

I use an MBox resource with local mail as well. Also without locking. It
works well.

Compression does not work here as well tough. I once just did "truncate
-s 0" on the MBOX file *after* KMail received mails. Just did again. Of
course this can only be a work-around.

I suggest opening a bug report at

https://bugs.kde.org

is there is no such bug already reported.

Thanks,
--
Martin