Adonadi not operational

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 10:30:36 BST 2019

On Saturday June 29 2019 13:15:51 Sid Hymes wrote:

Replying through the list to show this issue is NOT solved.

>Interestingly, I do find mysql processes running, including one relating to
>akonadi:
>ps aux | grep mysqld
>mysql     1237  0.0  1.0 1216672 169560 ?      Ssl  08:09   0:15
>/usr/libexec/mysqld --basedir=/usr
>sid       3154  0.0  0.6 2592608 104272 ?      Sl   09:00   0:14
>/usr/libexec/mysqld
>--defaults-file=/home/sid/.local/share/akonadi/mysql.conf
>--datadir=/home/sid/.local/share/akonadi/db_data/
>--socket=/tmp/akonadi-sid.T04dCL/mysql.socket
>--pid-file=/tmp/akonadi-sid.T04dCL/mysql.pid

Does that mysqld process keep running indefinitely after akonadi crashed/stopped? I presume you already rebooted at least once after noticing this issue? Do you have kontact to start automatically when you log in?

Still, it won't hurt to kill that instance (with akonadi stopped) and then start akonadi manually from a terminal, without starting any clients like Kontact. It might even be a good idea to uncheck the Calendar/"Display events" option in the Digital Clock Settings (the clock/date widget in the panel, normally next to the systray area). The idea would be to start akonadi in idle mode.

>When I start up akonadi, it does crash and provide the crash report window.
>However, it always says the backtrace has no usable information. (To make
>matters worse, the fedora bug reporter needs files which dnf says are not
>available.) Very frustrating!

This is something you should definitely report to Fedora. In the meantime, does this distro offer a possibility to install packages from sources? If so you should be able to figure out how to include the -g option to the compiler (and linker) options; then the crash reporter should get the required information.

R.