Question

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Wed Jul 3 09:07:04 BST 2019

tirsdag den 2. juli 2019 14.58.15 CEST skrev Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.:
> On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:06:54 AM CDT Mathias Homann wrote:
> > Am Montag, 1. Juli 2019, 23:56:36 CEST schrieb Anders Lund:
> > > Are there any plans to change KMail so that when I click an item in the
> > > header list, KMail would then display that mail, instead of ask me to
> > > wait?
> >
> > ...what are you talking about?
>
> When KMail is having issues with AKonadi, or AKonadi has retrieved the
> headers of the email, but not the body of the email, KMail will display a
>
> It is actually not normal to see this message very long.  When I was having
> issues with my Akonadi server, seeing this message in the preview pane was a
> sure sign I needed to restart the server.
>
> If you have the "Download all messages for offline use" option checked, you
> should only see this message when AKonadi is actively retrieving messages.
> If you do not have this option checked, you may see this message the first
> time you view highlight any mail, as that will trigger the download of the
> body of the email; only headers will be retrieved during the initial check.

I see it way too often, and KMail often gets stuck at that point. Usually
restarting akonadi helps, sometimes going to another message and back helps.
But those workarounds should not be nessecary. When a mail header is clicked,
the intention is to view that mail, and KMail should facilitate that, it's
kind of the most basic job it has :)