Question

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. Boyd.Stephen.Smith.Jr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 13:58:15 BST 2019

On Tuesday, July 2, 2019 12:06:54 AM CDT Mathias Homann wrote:
> Am Montag, 1. Juli 2019, 23:56:36 CEST schrieb Anders Lund:
> > Are there any plans to change KMail so that when I click an item in the
> > header list, KMail would then display that mail, instead of ask me to
> > wait?
>
> ...what are you talking about?

When KMail is having issues with AKonadi, or AKonadi has retrieved the headers
of the email, but not the body of the email, KMail will display a "Loading...
please wait" message in the "Message Preview Pane".

It is actually not normal to see this message very long.  When I was having
issues with my Akonadi server, seeing this message in the preview pane was a
sure sign I needed to restart the server.

If you have the "Download all messages for offline use" option checked, you
should only see this message when AKonadi is actively retrieving messages.  If
you do not have this option checked, you may see this message the first time
you view highlight any mail, as that will trigger the download of the body of
the email; only headers will be retrieved during the initial check.
bss at iguanasuicide.net                   ((_/)o o(\_))